[openstack-dev] OSPd, post-installation changes/new components

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 09:53:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

Are there any suggested steps on how to execute post-deployment (OSPd) tuning
of components?

I see two possible scenarios, but maybe they are the same:
a) configuration changes to a component which is managed by OSPd (cinder,
nova, etc);
b) installation of additional components (Sahara, Trove).

If I understand it correctly, scenario a) was at least partially discussed
here:
http://post-office.corp.redhat.com/archives/openstack-management-team-list/2015-July/msg00353.html
but it is still requires support in heat, if I get it correctly.

I'm more interested in scenario b). I know that Sahara support is planned for
a future 7.x release of OSPd, but not for GA (Trove is still Tech Preview, so
let it put aside for now).

I'd like to know what are we going to tell customer on how to (manually)
install Sahara in the meantime, because I would like to test it beforehand.

Maybe there are no special steps and I'd need just to execute the usual manual
steps (create the endpoints, the services, the users; install the packages,
change the configuration files; start the services; profit), but just to be
sure, with puppet in place maybe there are some limitations on the thinks I
could touch on overcloud.
(if, in the meantime, you have also suggestions about scenario a), if it's
really a different scenario, that would be nice as well!)

I had no luck checking the upstream RDO-manager documentation, the
documentation bugs for Director, and its draft doc here:
http://file.bne.redhat.com/~dmacpher/OpenStack/7.0/Director/

Ciao
--
Luigi