[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Being spammed by bugs when assigned to whole fuel team

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Wed Jul 15 00:25:52 UTC 2015

Thank you. I think I resolved this with new filter matching exact "You
received this bug notification because you are a member of". If I'm
subscribed directly to the bug, there is another message is used by LP like
"You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
report.
*https://bugs <https://bugs>.*launchpad*.net/bugs/1474120"*

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 1:56 PM Aleksandra Fedorova <afedorova at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Hi, Mike,
>
> let me post a quote from #launchpad IRC chat:
>
>    bookwar: hi all, is there any permission setting which forbids
> subscribing someone to the bug? As i see it, one can easily spam a
> group by subscribing it to a certain bug. How we can prevent this?
>    mgz: ban the person doing the spamming?
>    mgz: launchpad assumes its users are generally sane, but has
> recourse if that turns out to not be the case
>
> This quote is about 1.5 year old, but i guess the idea is still the same.
>

> As a possible workaround it should be possible to set main filters to
> filter out less common mail headers, for example:

> See [1] for details.

> On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 11:27 PM, Mike Scherbakov
> <mscherbakov at mirantis.com> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> > DevOps guys - when someone assigns bug to "Fuel for OpenStack", message
> is
> > being sent to 120 people.
> >
> > Is there a way to restrict such assignment in Launchpad? I want to only
> > allow fuel-python, and other subteams available. Or do something with LP
> > groups.
> >
> > The problem is that I'm getting tired of many (not relevant to me) bugs
> > flowing in my inbox, and stop paying attention. I'll have to create
> filter.
> > And if someone needs my attention in particular bug, subscribes me to it
> -
> > I'll miss it, as it will be filtered by the same way.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > --
> > Mike Scherbakov
> > #mihgen