[openstack-dev] [nova] Switching the bug status of ~200 bugs at once; Problem?

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Fri Jul 10 13:55:53 UTC 2015

Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote on 07/10/2015 03:43:06 PM:

> From: Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
> To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
> Date: 07/10/2015 03:43 PM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] Switching the bug status of ~200
> bugs at once; Problem?
>
> Markus Zoeller wrote:
> > The bugs I'm referring to are *not* set to "In Progress" but have an
> > assignee. I think this is an inconsistency which I try to resolve.
> > I can treat them like "In Progress" bugs and remove the assignee
> > if there is no activity in the last 60 days. Is this what you say?
>
> So you have a bunch of bugs that are Confirmed (or Triaged) + an
> assignee set. I would argue that you need to separate two cases:
>
> the bug had no activity for the last 60 days: assignee should be removed
>
> the bug had activity in the last 60 days: status should be "in progress"
>
> otherwise you further hide the fact that the bug is abandoned by setting
> status in addition to the assignee.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Right. My first intention was to switch all to "in progress" and then
switch a subset of that back to the previous status, depending on their
activity. I see now that this would cause confusion.
I'll process them seperately like Thierry suggested to avoid that
confusion. I'll announce the expected changes in the next days before
I actually execute them.

Regards,
Markus Zoeller (markus_z)