[openstack-dev] [nova] Switching the bug status of ~200 bugs at once; Problem?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jul 10 13:43:06 UTC 2015

Markus Zoeller wrote:
> The bugs I'm referring to are *not* set to "In Progress" but have an
> assignee. I think this is an inconsistency which I try to resolve.
> I can treat them like "In Progress" bugs and remove the assignee
> if there is no activity in the last 60 days. Is this what you say?

So you have a bunch of bugs that are Confirmed (or Triaged) + an
assignee set. I would argue that you need to separate two cases:

the bug had no activity for the last 60 days: assignee should be removed

the bug had activity in the last 60 days: status should be "in progress"

otherwise you further hide the fact that the bug is abandoned by setting
status in addition to the assignee.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)