[openstack-dev] [all][tests] Fix it friday! [mock failure in CI]

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Jul 10 10:18:45 UTC 2015

On 10 July 2015 at 22:07, Kevin Benton <blak111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> No prob. The fixes for Neutron were relatively trivial.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/200420/
>
> The only one that was a bit surprising was the failure of autospec in this
> file:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/200420/4/neutron/tests/unit/services/metering/agents/test_metering_agent.py
>
> It was coming back with argument count mismatch failures. It seems like the
> log decorator[1] trips up autospec in the new version.
>
> 1.
> https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/services/metering/drivers/noop/noop_driver.py#L22

Hmm, that might be a flaw in funcsigs, the inspect.signature backport.

We should figure it out - does it get tripped up in Python 3.5 with
the unittest.mock variant? If so, bugs.python.org for the bug. If not,
then please file the bug (and how you tested - the tighter the
reproduction the better) at
https://github.com/testing-cabal/mock/issues.

Thanks!
-Rob