[openstack-dev] [all][tests] Fix it friday! [mock failure in CI]

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 10:07:08 UTC 2015

No prob. The fixes for Neutron were relatively trivial.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/200420/

The only one that was a bit surprising was the failure of autospec in this
file:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/200420/4/neutron/tests/unit/services/metering/agents/test_metering_agent.py

It was coming back with argument count mismatch failures. It seems like the
log decorator[1] trips up autospec in the new version.

1.
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/services/metering/drivers/noop/noop_driver.py#L22

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>
wrote:

> On 10 July 2015 at 20:50, Kevin Benton <blak111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks. I didn't realize it was already breaking everything. I thought it
> > might have been stuck in requirements bump patch somewhere.
> >
> >>Thats fixed in 1.1.0. So you should be able to unwind that. If you need a
> >> short term workaround, its in mock.mock now.
> >
> > Yeah, I know it's fixed, I reported the upstream bug quite some time
> ago. :)
> > I just felt the need to explain because you implied that the Neutron
> > reviewers missed something when the patch that introduced that was very
> > intentional due to the many times that bug has caused non-deterministic
> > failures.
>
> Fair enough; I was feeling a little miffed at breaking so many
> projects; sorry :)
>
> -Rob
>

> --
> Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>