[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging] [mistral] Acknowledge feature of RabbitMQ in oslo.messaging

Nikolay Makhotkin nmakhotkin at mirantis.com
Tue Jul 7 09:58:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am using RabbitMQ as the backend and searched oslo.messaging for message
acknowledgement feature but I found only [1] what is wrong using of
acknowledgement since it acknowledges incoming message before it has been
processed (while it should be done only after processing the message,
otherwise we can lost given message if, say, the server suddenly goes
down).

So, my questions: does oslo.messaging indeed not support correct
acknowledgement feature? Or it is impossible to do for oslo.messaging
paradighm? Or is it somehow connected with that oslo.messaging has to
support a lot of transport types?

Can't it be implemented somehow in oslo.messaging?

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/oslo.messaging/blob/master/oslo_messaging/rpc/dispatcher.py#L135

Best Regards,
Nikolay