[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Specs process query

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 22:19:20 UTC 2015

On 1 July 2015 at 08:25, Matt Keenan <matt.keenan at oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In submitting my first ironic spec, I am following the process outlined at:
>   https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Ironic/Specs_Process
>
> As of Kilo this suggests we also follow:
>
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-August/041960.html
>
> This indicates that once a spec is registered before submission of the
> spec text the registered spec needs to be given the ok.
>
> Quick discussion on IRC indicates that this was never adhered to. If it's
> not going to be adhered to then I'd suggest removing this reference from
> Specs_Process.
>
> cheers
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,

My interpretation of the email you referenced, was to help 'fast-track' two
things: 1. new 'features' that didn't require a spec to be written and 2.
new 'features' that are out of scope or something that just won't work for
whatever reason.

I believe it may be true (although I haven't read all the proposed specs)
that no one has actually followed that process, but I don't know if that
means we should not provide that as a choice. Are you interpreting it as
'You must follow this process' as opposed to 'You could choose to follow
this process'?

--ruby