[openstack-dev] [Sahara] [QA] [tests coverage] Can we add CI job to control the unit tests coverage?

Anastasia Kuznetsova akuznetsova at mirantis.com
Thu Jul 2 17:46:25 UTC 2015

Hi Timur,

Generally I think that it is a good idea to have a gate that will check
whether new code is covered by unit tests or not. But I am not sure that
this gate should be voting (if I understand you correct),
because new patch may not be just a new code, committer may delete
something or fix typos in docsting, etc.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 8:15 PM, Timur Nurlygayanov <
tnurlygayanov at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I suggest to add CI job which will check the unit tests coverage for
> Sahara repository and will set -1 for commits with new code and without
> unit tests (if we have some degradation of tests coverage).
> This job successfully works for Rally project and it helps to organize the
> right code development process when developers write new unit tests for new
> functionality.
>
> we can just copy this job from Rally and start to use it for Sahara:
> Coverage control script:
> https://github.com/openstack/rally/blob/master/tests/ci/cover.sh
> Configuration file for coverage plugin (to exclude code which shouldn't be
> affected): https://github.com/openstack/rally/blob/master/.coveragerc
> Example of job in infra repository:
> https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/zuul/layout.yaml#L4088
>
> I expect that it will help to increase the tests coverage by unit tests.
>
> Do we have any objections?
>
> --
>
> Timur,
> Senior QA Engineer