[openstack-dev] [api] API Definition Formats

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 18:58:13 UTC 2015

On 01/28/2015 12:56 PM, Max Lincoln wrote:
> tl;dr: I wanted to be able to see what OpenStack APIs might look like in
> Swagger and starting experimenting with Swagger in projects for things
> like stubbing services, API test coverage, and code generation. In order
> to do that I created wadl2swagger [1]. I've published copies [2] of what
> the converted documents look like. If you follow the "Open on
> Swagger-Editor" links at
> http://rackerlabs.github.io/wadl2swagger/openstack.html you can open the
> Swagger-equivalent of any WADL file and see both the source and a
> preview of what Swagger-generated documentation would look like.

this is awesome, very cool to look at the converted WADL.

in a similar vein, i started to work on marking up the sahara and
barbican code bases to produce swagger. for sahara this was a little
easier as flask makes it simple to query the paths. for barbican i
started a pecan-swagger[1] project to aid in marking up the code. it's
still in infancy but i have a few ideas.

also, i've collected my efforts so far here[2].

mike

[1]: https://github.com/elmiko/pecan-swagger
[2]: https://github.com/elmiko/os-swagger-docs