[openstack-dev] [Nova][VMware] BP priorities

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Wed Jan 28 13:21:45 UTC 2015

Hi,
At the mid cycle meet up it was discussed that we need to prioritize the BP's that require review. This will at least get us a chance of getting something into Nova this cycle.
The following BP's are ready for review:

  1.  Ephemeral disk support - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vmware-ephemeral-disk-support
  2.  OVA support - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vmware-driver-ova-support
  3.  Video support - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vmware-driver-support-for-video-memory (I think that this requires https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vmware-video-memory-filter-scheduler)
  4.  Console log - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vmware-console-log

I would like to propose that that be the order of priorities. Lets discuss this over the list and at the IRC meeting later today and next week.

The following BP's need to update their status as they are complete:

  1.  VSAN - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vmware-vsan-support

The following need to be abandoned:

  1.  SOAP session management - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vmware-soap-session-management (this is now part of oslo.vmware)

Thanks