[openstack-dev] [neutron] lbaas driver implementation question

Shane McGough smcgough at kemptechnologies.com
Wed Jan 28 11:24:20 UTC 2015

Thanks for your response.

We have analysed the issue further and the DG is not the problem.

We have taken tcpdumps on all interfaces and we can see that the ping reaches the VIP on the driver virtual appliance and the virtual appliance responds to the ping. It responds with the mac address of the switch. Once it hits the switch, the traffic is dropped. The virtual appliance itself has no issues and it is using the same MAC Address.

I have done a dump on the flows for ovs and I can see that the flow for the ping request is set up but the flow for the reply is not.

The action on the port I believe is normal so should send handle the requests normally.

What could be causing the flow not to be created for the reply? Is there a misconfiguration somewhere along the line?

Cheers,

Shane McGough
Junior Software Developer
KEMP Technologies
National Technology Park, Limerick, Ireland.

kemptechnologies.com<https://kemptechnologies.com/> | @KEMPtech<https://twitter.com/KEMPtech> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/kemp-technologies>