[openstack-dev] required libvirtd/qemu versions for numa support?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Mon Jan 26 15:33:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm interested in the recent work around NUMA support for guest instances
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/virt-driver-numa-placement), but
I'm having some difficulty figuring out what versions of libvirt and qemu are
required.

 From the research that I've done it seems like qemu 2.1 might be required, but
I've been unable to find a specific version listed in the nova requirements or
in the openstack global requirements.  Is it there and I just can't find it?

If it's not specified, and yet openstack relies on it, perhaps it should be
added.  (Or at least documented somewhere.)

Thanks,
Chris