[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins][Orchestration] Unclear handling of primary-controler and controller roles

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Wed Jan 28 09:25:35 UTC 2015

But without this separation on orchestration layer, we are unable to
differentiate between nodes.
What i mean is - we need to run subset of tasks on primary first and then
on all others, and we are using role as mapper
to node identities (and this mechanism was hardcoded in nailgun for a long
time).

Lets say we have task A that is mapped to primary-controller and B that is
mapped to "secondary" controller, task B requires task A.
If there is no primary in mapping - we will execute task A on all
controllers and then task B on all controllers.

And how in such case deployment code will know that it should not execute
commands in task A for "secondary" controllers and
in task B on "primary" ?