[openstack-dev] [QA] Moving tempest clients to tempest-lib (was Meeting Thursday January 8th at 22:00 UTC)

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 02:20:12 UTC 2015

Hi David,

As we told today, I tried Neutron service client migration to tempest-lib.
but I found some blocking thing for it and I'd like to share it.

I thought that the base service_client module and neutron service client
are migrated to tempest-lib without other service clients as the first step.
For doing that, we need to remove all CONF values from the base
service_client module and neutron service client. We can remove all CONF
values from neutron one but cannot do from the base service client before
removing all CONF values from the other service clients due to:

https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/master/tempest/common/service_client.py#L31

So we need to remove all CONF values from all service clients before neutron
service client migration.

Thanks
Ken Ohmichi