[openstack-dev] [Murano][Heat][Mistral] Use and adoption of YAQL

Dmitri Zimine dzimine at stackstorm.com
Thu Jan 15 19:54:59 UTC 2015

Folks,

We use YAQL in Mistral for referencing variables, expressing conditions, etc. Murano is using it extensively, I saw Heat folks thought of using it, at least once :) May be others...

We are learning that YAQL incredibly powerful comparing to alternatives like Jinja2 templates used  in salt / ansible.

But with lack of documentation, it becomes one of adoption blockers to Mistral (we got very vocal user feedback on this).

This is pretty much all the docs I can offer our users on YAQL so far. Not much.
http://yaql.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
https://github.com/ativelkov/yaql/blob/master/README.rst
https://murano.readthedocs.org/en/latest/murano_pl/murano_pl.html#yaql

Are there any plans to fix it?

Are there interest from other projects to use YAQL?

Cheers,
DZ.