[openstack-dev] [stable] Swift object-updater and container-updater

Jay S. Bryant jsbryant at electronicjungle.net
Fri Jan 9 20:22:33 UTC 2015

Minwoo,

It is important to understand that Icehouse has gone into a security
fixes only mode.  It is too late in the stable process to be making
notable changes for anything other than security issues.

The patch for the fork bomb like problem in object-auditor is in
Icehouse:  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/126371/  So, we do not need
to worry about that one.  The other two problems are not really security
problems as they cause the object-updater and container-updater to throw
an exception and exit.  The behavior is irritating but not a security risk.

So, I think the fix that you are really asking to have fixed in
Icehouse, has already merged.  I will propose the other fixes back to
stable/juno but don't feel they warrant a change in Icehouse.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Jay