[openstack-dev] pip 6.0.6 breaking py2* jobs - bug 1407736

Brant Knudson blk at acm.org
Mon Jan 5 17:23:36 UTC 2015

I think this started happening with setuptools 10.2. We had a similar
problem in Keystone -- a change was merged that caused any use of
deprecated function to fail[1]. This caused all keystone-python27 jobs to
fail when 10.2 was used because of the now deprecated function used by
paste. I thought this would actually last for longer then a week before it
broke. To get keystone tests working again, a change was merged to only
fail for deprecation warnings from keystone[2].

An example way to fix this is to add a warnings filter to ignore
deprecations rather than logging them.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/143183/2/keystone/tests/core.py
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/144810/2/keystone/tests/core.py

- Brant