[openstack-dev] [neutron][oslo] plan till end-of-Kilo

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 15:53:38 UTC 2015

Some update on oslo/neutron patches in Kilo.

On 01/20/2015 03:17 PM, Kyle Mestery wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka
> <ihrachys at redhat.com <mailto:ihrachys at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi Kyle/all,
>
> (we were going to walk thru that on Mon, but since US is on
> vacation today, sending it via email to openstack-dev at .)
>
> Great, thanks Ihar!
>

> So I've talked to Doug Hellmann from oslo, and here is what we
> have in our oslo queue to consider:
>
> 1. minor oslo.concurrency cleanup for *aas repos (we need to drop
> lockutils-wrapper usage now that base test class sets lockutils
> fixture);

In review:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I2a82504ad19f6daddd24a3c2254e8feefc9399ca,n,z

(vpnaas is already fixed)

> 2. migration to namespace-less oslo libraries (this is blocked by
> pending oslo.messaging release scheduled this week, will revive
> patches for all four branches the end of the week) [1];

Done.

> 3. oslo/kilo-2: graduation of oslo.policy;

For this one, some obstacles were found. Specifically, neutron uses
symbols from the module that are now considered private by oslo team.
Neutron implements sub-attribute checks by using private API, so to
migrate to the library, we'll need to move the sub-attr feature to the
library first, and this will require going thru proper oslo-specs
process. So not in this cycle.

Also of potential interest in Kilo scope is oslo.log that was released
recently. I have patches for all four repos. If we think it's still a
good time to do the switch to it, then I'm happy to see reviews at:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I310e059a815377579de6bb2aa204de168e72571e,n,z

Cheers,
/Ihar