[openstack-dev] [sahara] Feedback on default-templates implementation

Trevor McKay tmckay at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 15:11:38 UTC 2015

Hi Sahara folks,

  please checkout

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/159872/

and respond there in comments, or here on the email thread. We have some
things to figure out for this new CLI, and I want to make sure that we
make
sane choices and set a good precedent.

Once we have a consensus we can go back and extend the spec with more
detail and merge approved changes.  The original spec did not get into
this
kind of detail (because nobody had sat down and tried to do it :) )

The only other CLI we have at this point that touches Sahara components
(other than the python-saharaclient) is sahara-db-manage, but that uses
alembic commands to drive the database directly.  It doesn't really
touch
Sahara in any semantic way, it just drives migration.  It is blissfully
ignorant
of any Sahara object relationships and semantics outside of the table
definitions.

The default-templates CLI will be a new kind of tool, I believe, that we
don't
have yet. It will be tightly integrated with sahara-all and horizon. So
how it
is designed matters a lot imho.

Best,

Trevor