[openstack-dev] [stable][all] Revisiting the 6 month release cycle

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Feb 25 20:41:13 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015, at 12:35 PM, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> > On 2015-02-24 10:00:51 -0800 (-0800), Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Recently, I have spent a lot more time waiting on reviews than I
> > > have spent writing the actual code.
> >
> > That's awesome, assuming what you mean here is that you've spent
> > more time reviewing submitted code than writing more. That's where
> > we're all falling down as a project and should be doing better, so I
> > applaud your efforts in this area.
>
> I think I understand what you're trying to do here, but to be clear, are
> you saying that I only have myself to blame for how long it takes to
> get code merged nowadays?

I read that as a reminder that we are all collaborators, and that
working together is more effective and less frustrating than not working
together. So while you wait, look at some other contributions and
provide feedback. Others will do the same for your patches. Reviewed
patches improve and land faster. We all win.

Doug