[openstack-dev] Name field marked mandatory on Horizon

Pasquale Porreca pasquale.porreca at dektech.com.au
Wed Feb 25 09:08:51 UTC 2015

I think these inconsistencies are valid bugs, in fact for volume names a
proposed fix has been merged yet:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1389172

For image name there is a report for this kind of bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1420809 I am anyway not sure if
it is being worked on.

On 02/25/15 06:49, Yamini Sardana wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> For creating Networks, Images, Volumes etc, the name field is marked
> as mandatory on the Horizon UI whereas, in their corresponding create
> commands on the cli it is an optional field ( which is as per the API
> reference documents)
>
> Why is this inconsistency?
>
> Secondly, when we create a network/Image/Volume from the cli without
> any name and view it on Horizon, it shows its auto-generated ID in the
> name column which is confusing. Can we not display another ID column
> and display the ID in that column, similar to what we do in cli 'show'
> commands.
>
> I have already raised this bug on Horizon for network create option (
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1424595) and if this is a
> valid one will raise on the rest as well.
>
> Please suggest.
>
> Best Regards
> Yamini Sardana
> Tata Consultancy Services
> Ground to 8th Floors, Building No. 1 & 2,
> Skyview Corporate Park, Sector 74A,NH 8
> Gurgaon - 122 004,Haryana
> India
> Ph:- +91 124 6213082
> Mailto: yamini.sardana at tcs.com
> Website: http://www.tcs.com <http://www.tcs.com/>
> Experience certainty.        IT Services
>                        Business Solutions
>                        Consulting

> and any attachments. Thank you

Pasquale Porreca