[openstack-dev] Name field marked mandatory on Horizon

Yamini Sardana yamini.sardana at tcs.com
Wed Feb 25 05:49:26 UTC 2015

Hello all,

For creating Networks, Images, Volumes etc, the name field is marked as
mandatory on the Horizon UI whereas, in their corresponding create
commands on the cli it is an optional field ( which is as per the API
reference documents)

Why is this inconsistency?

Secondly, when we create a network/Image/Volume from the cli without any
name and view it on Horizon, it shows its auto-generated ID in the name
column which is confusing. Can we not display another ID column and
display the ID in that column, similar to what we do in cli 'show'
commands.

I have already raised this bug on Horizon for network create option (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1424595 ) and if this is a valid
one will raise on the rest as well.

Please suggest.

Best Regards
Yamini Sardana
Tata Consultancy Services
Ground to 8th Floors, Building No. 1 & 2,
Skyview Corporate Park, Sector 74A,NH 8
Gurgaon - 122 004,Haryana
India
Ph:- +91 124 6213082