[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Bug statuses definition in Fuel

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Tue Feb 24 23:24:47 UTC 2015

Hi Dmitry,
thanks for extending info on what is different in Fuel for Confirmed & Fix
Released statuses [1]

It is pretty hard to go in history of the page now, but I think I like
original OpenStack Imporance description in [2], than Fuel-specific [3]:

> - Critical = can't deploy anything and there's no trivial workaround; data
> loss; or security vulnerability

- High = specific hardware, configurations, or components are unusable and
> there's no workaround; or everything is broken but there's a workaround

So, "can't deploy anything" is Critical. If you can deploy cloud, but it
doesn't work afterwards - is not Critical anymore with current description.
I do not think that it is just High that you can't open Horizon page after
deployment.

Why don't we stick to the original OpenStack criteria?

> - Critical if the bug prevents a key feature from working properly
> (regression) for all users (or without a simple workaround) or result in
> data loss
> - High if the bug prevents a key feature from working properly for some
> users (or with a workaround)

[1]
https://wiki.openstack.org/w/index.php?title=Fuel%2FHow_to_contribute&diff=73079&oldid=72329
[2]