[openstack-dev] [stable][all] Revisiting the 6 month release cycle

Johannes Erdfelt johannes at erdfelt.com
Tue Feb 24 18:00:51 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> Agree on the pain of maintaining milestone plans though, which is why I
> propose we get rid of most of it in Liberty. That will actually be
> discussed at the cross-project meeting today:
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Cycle_Management/Liberty_Tracking

I'm happy to see this.

"Assignees may target their blueprint to a future milestone, as an
indication of when they intend to land it (not mandatory)"

That seems useless to me. I have no control over when things land. I can
only control when my code is put up for review.

Recently, I have spent a lot more time waiting on reviews than I have
spent writing the actual code.

JE