[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] out-of-tree plugin for Mech driver/L2 and vif_driver

Brent Eagles beagles at redhat.com
Wed Feb 18 14:26:55 UTC 2015

Hi Maxime, Neil,

On 16/01/2015 1:39 PM, Maxime Leroy wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Neil Jerram <Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com> wrote:
>> Maxime Leroy <maxime.leroy at 6wind.com> writes:
>>
>>> Ok, thank you for the details. I will look how to implement this feature.
>>
>> Hi Maxime,
>>
>> Did you have time yet to start looking at this?  My team now has a use
>> case that could be met by using vif_plug_script, so I would be
>> happy to help with writing the spec for that.  Would that be of interest
>> to you?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>         Neil
>
> Hi Neil,
>
> I have planned to look later how to implement this new feature.
> As we are in feature freeze for Nova and Neutron, there is no hurry right now.
>
> I think we need to have these 2 news specs ready before the next summit.
>
> Of course, any help is welcome ! ;)
> I have just created an etherpad to write the spec for Nova:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova_vif_plug_script_spec
> Feel free to modify it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maxime

I want to get the ball rolling on this ASAP so, I've started on this as
well and will be updating the etherpad accordingly. I'm also keen to get
W.I.P./P.O.C. patches to go along with it. I'll notify on the mailing
list (and direct so you don't miss it ;)) as soon as I've completed a
reasonable first swipe through the spec (which should be in the next day
or so).

Cheers,

Brent