[openstack-dev] [glance]'Add' capability to the HTTP store

Jordan Pittier jordan.pittier at scality.com
Mon Feb 16 18:39:18 UTC 2015

>So, I don't understand what allowing the HTTP backend to support add()
gives the user of Glance.
It doesn't give anything to the user.

glance_store is all about different backends, such as the VMWare datastore
or the Sheepdog data store. Having several backends/drivers allows the
cloud operator/administrator to choose among several options when he
deploys and operates his cloud. Currently the HTTP store lacks an 'add'
method so it can't be used as a default store. But the cloud provider may
have an existing storage solution/infrastructure that has an HTTP gateway
and that understands basic PUT/GET/DELETE operations.  So having a full
blown HTTP store makes sense, imo, because it gives more deployment options.

Is that clearer ? What do you think ?
Jordan