[openstack-dev] [glance]'Add' capability to the HTTP store

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 18:28:00 UTC 2015

On 02/13/2015 11:55 AM, Jordan Pittier wrote:
> Jay, I am afraid I didn't understand your point.
>
> Could you rephrase/elaborate on "What is the difference between just
> calling the Glance API to upload an image, versus adding add()" please ?
> Currently, you can't call the Glance API to upload an image if the
> default_store is the HTTP store.

No, you upload the image to a Glance server that has a backing data
store like filesystem or swift. But the process of doing that (i.e.
calling `glance image upload`) is the same as what you are describing --
it's all just POST'ing some data via HTTP through the Glance API endpoint.

So, I don't understand what allowing the HTTP backend to support add()
gives the user of Glance.

Best,
-jay