[openstack-dev] [glance] Cleanout of inactive change proposals from review

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 12:52:17 UTC 2015

On 13/02/15 11:06 +0000, Kuvaja, Erno wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>We have almost year old (from last update) reviews still in the queue for
>glance. The discussion was initiated on yesterday’s meeting for adopting
>abandon policy for stale changes.
>
>The documentation can be found from https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/
>glance-cleanout-of-inactive-PS and any input would be appreciated. For your
>convenience current state below:

Thanks for putting this together. I missed the meeting yday and this
is important.

>Glance - Cleanout of inactive change proposals from review
>

>We Should start cleaning out our review list to keep the focus on changes that
>has momentum. Nova is currently abandoning change proposals that has been
>inactive for 4 weeks.
>

>Proposed action (if all of the following is True, abandon the PS):
>
> 1. The PS has -1/-2 (including Jenkins)

I assume you're talking about voting -1/-2 and not Workflow, right?
(you said jenkins afterall but just for the sake of clarity).

> 2. The change is proposed to glance, glance_store or python-glanceclient;
>    specs should not be abandoned as their workflow is much slower
>
> 3. No activity for 28 days from Author/Owner after the -1/-2

I'd reword this in "No activity". This includes comments, feedback,
discussions and or other committers taking over a patch.

> 4. There has been  query made to the owner to update the patch between 5 and
>    10 days  before abandoning (comment on PS/Bug or something similar)
>
>  ● Let's be smart on this. Flexibility is good on holiday seasons, during
>    feature freeze, etc.

+2 to the above, I like it.

Thanks again,
Flavio