[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Lets keep our community open, lets fight for it

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Feb 11 19:43:45 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-11 09:20:34 -0800 (-0800), Clint Byrum wrote:
[...]
> That said, I do want us to talk about uncomfortable things when
> necessary. I think this thread is not something where it will be
> entirely productive to stay 100% positive throughout. We might
> just have to use some negative language along side our positive
> suggestions to make sure people have an efficient way to measure
> their own behavior.

Well said. Also, if there are people on this list who feel like
discussions here sometimes get negative or uncomfortable, I'm happy
to point you to free software community mailing lists (more than I
can count on all my fingers and toes) whose day-to-day interactions
make the worst of our flame wars (if you can even call them that)
look like a gradeschool holiday pageant by comparison. I'm regularly
surprised by how positive and civil we manage to keep things in our
corner of the free software world.
--
Jeremy Stanley