[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging] Can RPCClient.call() be used with a subset of servers?

Denis Makogon dmakogon at mirantis.com
Mon Feb 9 19:48:43 UTC 2015

On Monday, February 9, 2015, Gravel, Julie Chongcharoen <julie.gravel at hp.com>
wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>                 I want to use oslo.messaging.RPCClient.call() to invoke a
> method on multiple servers, but not all of them. Can this be done and how?
> I read the code documentation (client.py and target.py). I only saw either
> the call used for one server at a time, or for all of them using the fanout
> param. Neither options is exactly what I want.
>
> Any response/explanation would be highly appreciated.

Hello, I would say that there's no need to have such ability since since
oslo.messaging is unaware of your servers, so everything you need is to
write your own code to accomplish your mission. Even if you want to execute
call procedures at the same time you can parallelize your code. Would that
work for you?

> Regards,
>
> Julie Gravel

Kind regards,