[openstack-dev] [nova] will the real v2.1/v3 API status please stand up?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Feb 6 22:05:53 UTC 2015

I'm not going to hide it, I don't know what's going on with the v2.1 API
status, i.e. what is the criteria to that thing dropping it's
'experimental' label?

I wasn't at the mid-cycle meetup for Kilo but even for Juno I'll admit I
was a bit lost. It's not my fault, I'm more good looks than brains. :)

When I look at approved specs for Kilo, three pop out:

1. https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/v2-on-v3-api

2. https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/api-microversions

3. https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/v3-api-policy

The only one of those that has a dependency in launchpad is the last one
and it's dependency is on:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-v3-api

Which looks like it was replaced by the v2-on-v3-api blueprint.

If I look at the open changes for each, there are a lot:

1.
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/v2-on-v3-api,n,z

2.
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/api-microversions,n,z

3.
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/v3-api-policy,n,z

Do those all need to merge before the v2.1 API is no longer experimental?

Is the, for lack of a better term, 'completion criteria', being tracked
in an etherpad or wiki page somewhere?  I see stuff in the priorities
etherpad https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-nova-priorities-tracking
but it's not clear to me at a high level what makes v2.1 no longer
experimental.

Can someone provide that in less than 500 words?

Matt Riedemann