[openstack-dev] barbican resource delete question

Steve Heyman steve.heyman at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Feb 5 16:35:57 UTC 2015

Greetings all -

Today Barbican provides a “soft” delete of resources – they remain in our database, tagged as deleted.

We are looking at adding quotas (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/132091/10/specs/kilo/quota-support-for-barbican-resources.rst) and that introduces some pain for testing or usage patterns with many create/delete cycles as the quota (which includes the soft deleted resources) would fill up quickly making the project unusable.

Would like to gather some thoughts on how others handle this situation – making all deletes hard deletes isn’t an option due to things like audit trails.

[cid:41BC778A-3AB5-49E3-9292-515E9FD3B83C]