[openstack-dev] problems with huge pages and libvirt

Ian Wells ijw.ubuntu at cack.org.uk
Mon Feb 2 18:13:21 UTC 2015

On 2 February 2015 at 09:49, Chris Friesen <chris.friesen at windriver.com>
wrote:

> On 02/02/2015 10:51 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
>
>> This is a bug that I discovered when fixing some of the NUMA related nova
>> objects. I have a patch that should fix it up shortly.
>>

> Any chance you could point me at it or send it to me?
>
>  This is what happens when we don't have any functional testing of stuff
>> that is
>> merged into master...
>>

> Indeed.  Does tempest support hugepages/NUMA/pinning?

This is a running discussion, but largely no - because this is ited to the
capabilities of the host, there's no guarantee for a given scenario what
result you would get (because Tempest will run on any hardware).

If you have test cases that should pass or fail on a NUMA-capable node, can
you write them up?  We're working on NUMA-specific testing right now
(though I'm not sure who, specifically, is working on the test case side of
that).