[openstack-dev] [fuel] github can't sync with git because of big uploading

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 30 13:33:02 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-30 11:11:50 +0300 (+0300), Evgeniy L wrote:
> You should probably talk to infra team on this issue #openstack-infra
> channel.
> I see several ways what can be done here:
> 1. recreate the repo
> 2. create a repo with different name
>
> Also there is possibility to remove from the commit those files and push
> using --force,
> but it's a very bad practise and I don't think that infra allows to do that.

While I'm not a fan of push --force based solutions (they leave the
repository in a state where consumers can't fast-forward to it from
their earlier state), I'm even less thrilled with the idea that
people might just slash-and-burn repos, abandoning them and creating
new ones because they've put them in an unusable state.
--
Jeremy Stanley