[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] Gerrit Upgrade to ver 2.11, completed.

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Wed Dec 23 23:00:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Zaro <zaro0508 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Carl Baldwin <carl at ecbaldwin.net> wrote:
>> I noticed another thing.  I'm working with a chain of three patches.
>> I just updated the patch in the middle [1] to patch set 37.  I noticed
>> that the list of "Related Changes" (in the upper right of the page)
>> didn't look right.  The change above it in the list (the one that
>> depends it) looked strange.  Looking closer, I realized that the
>> dependent patch was linking to patch set 4 [2] which is really old.
>> Go here [1] and take a look.
>>
>> The latest patch set in 212669 (24) depends on a slightly out of date
>> version of 192032 (36 of 37).  So, gerrit decides to navigate me to
>> version 4 of 212669?  Seems arbitrary to me.  Why doesn't it navigate
>> me to the latest version of 212669?  That would be much more useful.
>
> I believe what Gerrit is doing is linking to the PS that was based off
> of the one you are currently on.  You can see this by checking the
> parent and next commit SHA.  So it looks like 212669/4 is based on
> 192032/10 therefore I'm guessing that you were actually looking at
> 192032/10 when you clicked on the link.  I'm not sure that Gerrit took
> you to the wrong PS I'm guessing that you were on a newer 212669 PS
> than you thought?   I find this disorienting as well and always have
> to remind myself to look at the "Patch Sets" indicator to get on the
> right page.

No, I was looking at PS37 of 192032.  Exactly the patch set that I
linked to.  I just checked again by click on the link [1] and looking
at the related changes in the upper right corner.  Do it.  What patch
set of change 212669 do you see linked from here [1]?  If you are not
seeing 212669/4 , then you are seeing something different than I am.
It isn't only disorienting.  IMO, it is wrong.