[openstack-dev] [puppet] deprecation warning everywhere issue

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Dec 23 09:01:27 UTC 2015

On 12/23/2015 04:30 AM, Matt Fischer wrote:
> I've pinged you on IRC to this effect but this has broken the stable
> branches which now have unresolvable dependencies on the service whose
> name has changed.
>

> Error: Could not find resource 'Keystone_endpoint[RegionOne/glance]' for
> relationship on 'Service[glance-api]' on node
> openstack-puppet-test.openstacklocal
> Error: Could not find resource 'Keystone_endpoint[RegionOne/glance]' for
> relationship on 'Service[glance-api]' on node
> openstack-puppet-test.openstacklocal
>
> This break is specifically in glance, here:
>
> manifests/keystone/auth.pp
>
>   if $configure_endpoint {
>     Keystone_endpoint["${region}/${real_service_name}"]  ~> Service <|
> name == 'glance-api' |>
>     Keystone_endpoint["${region}/${real_service_name}"] -> Glance_image<||>
>   }
>
> I have not checked the other modules. I will be around for reviews on
> this if you ping me via email.

Yes I know, it's because the backport in stable/liberty for the
puppet-glance patch did not merge yet...

Please review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/260695/
And all should be back again.

FYI, master is fixed (except trove, having packaging issue in RDO,
working on it at this time) and stable/liberty almost fixed when the
puppet-glance patch is merged (and I'll backport the pupper-trove patch
too).