[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] Gerrit Upgrade to ver 2.11, completed.

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Wed Dec 23 00:51:16 UTC 2015

I noticed another thing.  I'm working with a chain of three patches.
I just updated the patch in the middle [1] to patch set 37.  I noticed
that the list of "Related Changes" (in the upper right of the page)
didn't look right.  The change above it in the list (the one that
depends it) looked strange.  Looking closer, I realized that the
dependent patch was linking to patch set 4 [2] which is really old.
Go here [1] and take a look.

The latest patch set in 212669 (24) depends on a slightly out of date
version of 192032 (36 of 37).  So, gerrit decides to navigate me to
version 4 of 212669?  Seems arbitrary to me.  Why doesn't it navigate
me to the latest version of 212669?  That would be much more useful.

Over the last few days, this "Related Changes" table has confused me.
This is the first time I took the time to pinpoint why it is confusing
me.

Carl

PS  I'm trying to document these issues in this thread so that they
don't get lost.  I suppose at some point we need to be feeding this
stuff up to gerrit.  I was hoping to get other stuff done before
vacation and so I'm hesitant to stop what I'm doing and shift my
thinking toward filling out bug reports against gerrit.  What should
we do?  Should we individually go file bugs against gerrit?  Or,
should we funnel it through someone working on gerrit in openstack?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/192032/37
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/212669/4