[openstack-dev] [Fuel][UX] Throw KVM\QEMU and leave Libvirt on Wizard

Igor Kalnitsky ikalnitsky at mirantis.com
Mon Dec 21 14:22:34 UTC 2015

> Qemu is not a hypervisor This will be even more confusing.

It looks like hypervisor much more than libvirt. Moreover, according
to Wikipedia [1] (don't blame me guys) Qemu is Type-2 hypervisor.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervisor

> Today, when a user selects KVM, Fuel attempts to use KVM acceleration and
> defaults to QEMU in the case that KVM acceleration is not possible.

Sheena, are you sure it works this way? Some time ago we didn't
support this. However, I fully support this idea and believe this is
the way to go. In this case the hypervisor entry could be called
something like  "Qemu (+ KVM if available)".