[openstack-dev] [glance] OVF/OVA introspection in Mitaka?

Bhandaru, Malini K malini.k.bhandaru at intel.com
Sat Dec 19 07:17:11 UTC 2015

Flavio, I uploaded a patch 15. Your comment about making import available to non-admin users and Mike Gerdt's comments with ova schema references
Prompts the question how important is it to support upload of compressed ova.
I am happy to jettison the compressed support for generally available.

Also, will the new refactored import be available any time soon?
Should we go ahead with this feature with the original Liberty task flow and then update it( as a bug or compatibility feature) when the refactored import becomes available?

I have one more question, we would like to save the extracted meta data using the CIM namespace.
The Horizon metadata tags support allows one to represent a key with multiple values as a list/array.
Would like to do the same here ... example
CIM:InstructionSetExtensionName: {
                    "x86:3DNow",
                    "x86:3DNowExt",
                    "x86:ABM",
                    "x86:AES",
                    "x86:AVX",
                    "x86:AVX2",
                    "x86:BMI",
                    "x86:CX16",
                    "x86:F16C",
                    "x86:FSGSBASE",
                    "x86:LWP",
                    "x86:MMX",
                    "x86:PCLMUL",
                    "x86:RDRND",
                    "x86:SSE2",
                    "x86:SSE3",
                    "x86:SSSE3",
                    "x86:SSE4A",
                    "x86:SSE41",
                    "x86:SSE42",
                    "x86:FMA }

Versus a bunch of CIM:InstructionSetExtensionName: x86:3Dnow, CIM:InstructionSetExtensionName:AVX2 ...
The latter more a tag style representation verus key-value pairs.