[openstack-dev] [gate] any project using olso.db test_migrations is currently blocked

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 16 22:07:07 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-16 16:50:39 -0500 (-0500), Mike Bayer wrote:
[...]
> That said, as the upper-constraints system is available, and not using
> it means that any upstream package release that breaks any test will
> cause 12 hours of gate downtime, I'm surprised that rolling this system
> out across the board isn't an emergency priority. Because right now,
> literally any of the 50 or so projects I see in Nova requirements.txt
> can release something on Pypi at any moment and cause another 12 hours
> of downtime.
[...]

Yep, it happens pretty continually and has for years. The
constraints-based solution is certainly a cross-project priority
effort, but the developers who are in the process of implementing it
are wary of rushing it into place and causing new problems.
Sometimes the devil you know is easier to deal with than the one you
don't.
--
Jeremy Stanley