[openstack-dev] [gate] any project using olso.db test_migrations is currently blocked

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Dec 16 19:26:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 16 2015, Carl Baldwin wrote:

> We need to vet new package releases before they wreak havoc.  We need
> to accept new package releases by proposing a patch to update the
> version and take it through the gate.  Weren't we working on this at
> one point?  I understand if it isn't quite possible to do this yet but
> we need to be working toward this and accelerating our efforts rather
> than lashing out at package maintainers.

Projects need to take care of patches that are sent to avoid such things
in the first place.

Blocking new packages (upper cap and all) is just a proof that the
projects fail to cope with their development rate. They should address
that with proper means. Not by blocking the situation and burying itself
under more technical debt. Which seems to be a chronic reflex in many
OpenStack projects.

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker