[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Ubuntu bootstrap] WebUI notification

Aleksey Zvyagintsev azvyagintsev at mirantis.com
Wed Dec 16 10:00:34 UTC 2015

Actually, its gloval problem :
UI accessible for user *earlier* then deployment has been done. I think we
should also handle this somehow - otherwise user can start doing "some
things" like spawning HW - and fail .
What about add some check or some message "Fuel-master Deployment  in
progress, please wait %s" ?

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Vitaly Kramskikh <vkramskikh at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I really don't like setting the error message as the default one in the DB
> schema and consider it as a last resort solution. If possible update the
> message to error one just before you start to build the image.

>> Hi folks,
>> Recently was introduced special notification about absented bootstrap
>> image.
>>
>> Currently this notification is sent from fuel-bootstrap-cli. It means
>> that error message will not be sent when failure occurs before first
>> building (like in [1]). I think it will be better to set error message on
>> WebUI by default through fixtures and then remove it if first build is
>> successful.
>>
>> Please share your opinions about this issue.
>>
>> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1526351
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Svechnikov Artur

> --