[openstack-dev] [Fuel] PostgreSQL 9.3 and JSON operations

Artem Silenkov asilenkov at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 15 12:23:52 UTC 2015

Hello!

I got another few points against downgrading.

1. PostgreSQL-9.2 will reach end-of-life at September 2017 according to [0].
With high probability it means that we will have 9.2 version in centos
repos when fuel9.0 arrives.
It means that we will have to repackage it anyway just later a little bit.

2. 9.2 is slightly incompatible with 9.3, according to [1].
Downgrading is not an easy task,pg_dump, pg_restore from different package
versions can't work together.

3. Shared memory usage is different between 9.2 and 9.3 and this could
bring some troubles and would require config file reworking.

[0]: http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/
[1]: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/release-9-3.html

Offtopic sorry for this ->
If we want to reduce number of package we maintain we should start from
ruby Eg.
Gems we use are deprecated like 5 years ago and bring to the table a lot of
efforts repackaging unsupported software.

Regards,

Artem Silenkov
---
MOS-Packaging