[openstack-dev] [nova][doc][tempest] How to handle HTTP203

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Dec 8 12:43:30 UTC 2015

On 12/08/2015 12:07 AM, Ken'ichi Ohmichi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today, we have virtual API document sprint and we are facing a problem
> related to HTTP203 (Non-Authoritative Information).
> The api-site(http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-compute-v2.1.html)
> contains HTTP203 as one of valid status codes for each API operation,
> but nova implementation code doesn't contain the status code and
> invalid from some nova developers' viewpoints.
>
> In addition, tempest also doesn't consider HTTP203 cases at all now.
> If nova returns HTTP203 response, tempest consider the response as
> invalid on its own tests.
>
> I am imaging this status code comes intentionally for proxying thing,
> so I feel it is nice to keep HTTP203 description in the api-site.
> If so, I would be nice to have a gate job which makes HTTP203 cases
> and tempest needs to be updated for covering these cases.
>
> Any comments are welcome.

HTTP 203 is not generated by any of the OpenStack code as far as I can tell.

Does someone have a specific environment where this is an issue?

203 seems like a weird response from an Application perspective. "I
think this might have happened." What is an application supposed to do
with that information? Ask again until it is sure?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net