[openstack-dev] [nova][doc][tempest] How to handle HTTP203

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 05:07:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

Today, we have virtual API document sprint and we are facing a problem
related to HTTP203 (Non-Authoritative Information).
The api-site(http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-compute-v2.1.html)
contains HTTP203 as one of valid status codes for each API operation,
but nova implementation code doesn't contain the status code and
invalid from some nova developers' viewpoints.

In addition, tempest also doesn't consider HTTP203 cases at all now.
If nova returns HTTP203 response, tempest consider the response as
invalid on its own tests.

I am imaging this status code comes intentionally for proxying thing,
so I feel it is nice to keep HTTP203 description in the api-site.
If so, I would be nice to have a gate job which makes HTTP203 cases
and tempest needs to be updated for covering these cases.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks
Ken Ohmichi