[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Install Openstack-Ansible

Major Hayden major at mhtx.net
Tue Dec 1 20:16:56 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-12-01 at 20:35 +0530, Sharma Swati6 wrote:
> However, I just want to know if I have to implement this in
> openstack-ansible, or for that matter, I want to add any new
> component to it, are there any steps or guidelines to be followed.
> For example, first I create containers and mention/add it to config
> files. etc.
> I went through http://docs.openstack.org/developer/openstack-ansible/
> developer-docs/extending.html but this is not much self-explanatory.
>
> If the steps provided by you are helpful I can begin with this and
> contribute soon.

Hello Sharma,

I haven't implemented a new service in openstack-ansible quite yet, but
I'll give you some tips.

First, you'll need to use the extra_container.yml.example[1] to make a
new container.

Next, you'll want to create a role that will configure the operating
system and the required services within the container. You can review
the roles within the openstack-ansible repository to see what is
typically configured in each one.  The keystone role[2] might be a good
place to start.

>From there, you'll need to test the container build-out and
configuration to make sure the service works well with the other
services (like authentication with keystone).

[1] https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible/tree/master/etc/openstack_deploy/env.d
[2] https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible/tree/master/playbooks/roles/os_keystone

--
Major Hayden