[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Evolving the stadium concept

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Tue Dec 1 10:40:57 UTC 2015

On 01/12/15 05:16, Doug Wiegley wrote:
> Part of the issue is that in a year, we added all the repos above. And
> all of said repos were all heading over to infra with the same newbie
> questions/mistakes. Not a bad thing in and of itself, but the sheer
> volume was causing a lot of infra load. So the infra liasions are
> meant to buffer that; exactly the opposite of splitting again. Now add
> that many repos again this year, and the problem doubles. The review
> overhead for centralizing this is quite small. The mentor overhead to
> avoid the repeated mistakes hitting infra is quite a bit higher, but
> that has to land somewhere, and still isn’t huge.

On the other hand, it may also be that we're very unlikely to see so
many new projects again, as we have in the first 'stadium' (half-)year.
So if this is a significant aspect of the pain that Armando is
describing, I suspect it would be overreaction to make a big governance
change for it - as it's unlikely to happen again.

But actually I guess most of the pain is elsewhere, i.e. in the
cognitive aspect of the Neutron PTL logically needing to understand
everything in all of the stadium projects.

    Neil