[openstack-dev] [Tacker][NFV] Heads up: switch over to master

Sridhar Ramaswamy srics.r at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 20:32:26 UTC 2015

Tacker dev & user teams:

This shouldn't be a news to folks regularly attending tacker weekly
meetings.

For others, until now Tacker code base was using stable/kilo dependencies.
Now we will be switching over to use master based dependencies using [1]
and [2]. We are now close to merging these two patchsets. However this will
cause your existing devstack setups incompatible with the latest tacker
code base. Note, before merging these patchsets a stable/kilo branch will
be pulled.

Now you've two options to continue tacker activites,

1) Switch over to use new devstack setup post merge (preferred)
2) If you are in middle of something and want to continue your activity
(say a PoC in flight) consider switching tacker & python-tackerclient repo
to stable/kilo

We understand this will cause some disruption. But this is essential to cut
over to master and get ready for the upcoming liberty release.

Thanks for your support. Questions / comments welcome!

- Sridhar

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/211403/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/211405/