[openstack-dev] [nova][bugs] more specific tags?

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:52:33 UTC 2015

On 08/28/2015 11:37 AM, Markus Zoeller wrote:
> This is a proposal to enhance the list of offical tags for our bugs
> in Launchpad. During the tagging process in the last weeks it seems
> to me that some of the tags are too coarse-grained. Would you see a
> benefit in enhancing the official list to more fine-grained tags?

Yes.

> refine component oriented tags:
> * network: nova-network + neutron + pci-passthrough
> * volumes: block-device-mapping + multipath + fibre-channel + attachment

++ on all the above.

> add new "bug-theme" tags:
> * numa
> * availability_zones

Replace _ with -, but yes on both.

> add use case centered tags:
> * spawn
> * resize
> * rebuild
> * snapshot
> * swap-disk

Not entirely sure about swap-disk, but the others look fine to me.

> add non-functional tags:
> * performance
> * gate-failure
> * upgrades

Yeah, no brainers.

> add release cycle tags:
> * in-stable-juno
> * in-stable-kilo

Hmm, I'm negative on this. Because bugs can be targeted at individual
multiple milestones/releases, I don't think this is necessary.

> Would you see this as benefitial? If yes, which tags would you like to
> have additionally? If no, what did I miss or overlook?

Yeah, I really like the proposed new tags, thank you for this, Markus!

Best,
-jay